Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow and Salt on My Shoes and Boots!

Ok - so you'd think I'd be used to it by now; after all I grew up in New England.  I've survived many winter storms and all kinds of seasonal slush as it melts and re-freezes, but every year I get so frustrated and annoyed as I look at my shoes and boots and see the snow and salt marks all over them.  I try to minimize it by wearing boots to the car and changing into my fabulous footwear once I'm all warm and snuggly with the heater running.  Unfortunately, I forget that the snow melts off my boots, onto the car floor, creating swimming pools for my stilettos!

Anyway - just a quick reminder for those of you, like me, who are suffering the salt battle.  A cup of warm water and a tablespoon of white vinegar should help wash those sad salt stains away... at least until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment