Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Finally Started This Blog!

Hi All --

Well, it's finally done! Despite hours, days, weeks and even months of procrastination, I've started my blog! So here I am petrified of a blank space on a screen. It's funny because I've spent years standing and speaking to groups from 5 to 500 or even larger. For all of those presentations I've been calm, cool and collected. Or at least I've always looked it on the outside - you know the old "never let them see you sweat" motto. And I've done it each and every time in a pair of heels. Ok - some days I wore lower heels than others, and some days I wish I had my slippers on, but they never match well with my outfits.

Anyway, as I was saying, all those years of speaking to audiences and while I had some minimal butterflies at times, I always knew I'd be fine. I could look out and see how people reacted and if I needed to, I'd change gears based on their response. But here, in cyberworld, when I look out, I see a screen that only shows me what I've put into it. That's sooo frightening. I have no idea how you will respond to this blog. I don't know what I'll write, or how I'll focus it all. But I can promise you this - I'll be true to myself.

Translation - you'll hear a bit about my life, my thoughts, and my dogs and definitely my love of shoes - and all things shoe related. Now I'm not a shoe "expert" and I won't pretend to be. There are enough people out there who offer fabulous expert info about shoes on their blogs already- I know because I read them all.

What I am is a lover of shoes with wide feet and a touch of obsession. I wear heels not only for a night out, but for business, when I stand for hours on end doing presentations, trainings, or coaching work...so while my tootsies are tempted by those amazing designer styles, my closet has shoes for morning (before I've been standing and my feet start to swell), afternoon (when comfort is king and the day seems sooo long unless I have great shoes on), evening, (the time to dress up and dine out of course) and "brief appearances" (those 15 minute to 1 hour shoes you want to be seen in, are just impossible and impractical to wear).

So my rough categories will be Life in General, Fashion News, Wow for Your Wallet, Thoughts and Comments, and Sole Inspiration and Foot Facts

I hope you join me on this journey - it's sure to be an interesting ride. Leave comments, drop me an email, let me know what you think - unless you hate it - hmmm....maybe there is an advantage to not seeing faces after all. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment