Saturday, January 8, 2011

Individualism Personified

I was recently interviewed and asked what trends excite me, and my first response was "Individualism — I love that individual style is accepted. Even though there are style mavens and trends, etc., it’s accepted to be unique and different and just be yourself." I mention that because when I think of individualism, it makes me think about one specific person I've "met" recently.

I've got to tell you that this guy, Justin Fitzpatrick, is individualism personified.  He has a blog called The Shoe Snob and I had come across it in the fall by accident - am I ever glad I did! This guy has the coolest sense of style.  He see's things with a unique eye and has a way of making you look at shoes and style that you hadn't thought to do before.  Most of his blog is about men's shoes and even still, I love the details and perspectives. 

There's just something about this guy.  He's an aspiring shoe designer, and I really think his individualism combined with his respect for traditional and current style will make him succeed. 

In the spirit of full dislosure, when I found his blog, I dropped him a note. told him how much I enjoyed it and told him about my website. Justin was kind enough to do a brief write-up about If The Shoe Doesn't Fit on his blog and let his readers know about it. Now that I have a blog, I thought I'd send some good karma back- and tell my readers about an up and coming designer and a cool blog The Shoe Snob - check it out- I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment